Monday, February 9, 2009

The Anti-Polka Dot Her


Well--

--obviously a work in progress . . .

~~The site, I mean -
Not me.
(Heck, me? - I am
this close to being done!)



Anyhow, I have fantastic ideas in my head for my blog decor, --but somehow I am not able to have them manifested.

The first problem --
Wouldn't you think it'd be easy to pick a background for the site, out of, like, over 400 choices?
I mean, is it me?
(
rhetorical question!)

And it's no help that I got sucked into a sparkling Webfetti download that left me with gadget choices such as these, to add to my page:
Bagel in Love
Zombie Head Bounce

Chopsticks Chasing a Fly

Toilet Drinking Dog ~and~
Old Woman Stuck Under a Shoe

While that last one did remind me a
little of myself . . . the rest, --no way!

My second problem arose right after I downloaded
Webfetti, --because it was then that I remembered Bliss isn't allowed to download anything.

Um, yea. 'Allowed' seems like a pretty severe word to use in a marriage of equal partnership and intelligence, such as Hubby's and mine is -- nevertheless. Even a monkey is allowed to download more stuff than I am. ~~But I'm wa
aay better at letting go of treats when my closed fist is stuck in a jar, -than monkeys are.

Anyhow, all this means is that soon Hubby was thickly involved with my site styling, as I didn't know how the heck to get rid of the cheesy download that was now sticking to everything on my screen like cheap polyester.
Then, the next thing I knew, each time I turned around he had another wilderness shot as my header or mountain'scape all up in my widgets. And if I needed a wilderness in my widgets, don't you think I'd tell him?!

It's just that I'm
particular about this sort of stuff - And I can't just have any old' design representin'.

For instance, I don't need bows, yellow smiley faces, and talk of 'Love is like Flannel Jammies in Winter' or 'Family Makes Me Giddy,' or 'Happiness is Twilight and Grandchildren'. Even my temporary '
Welcome Friends' is giving me the willies. It smacks of sugar on top of syrup.
I don't know.
Obviously I'm just a fussy, cold-hearted blogger, with no soul.

And I don't
mind being a cold-hearted unfeeling blogger, with no soul -- as long as my site looks pretty in the meanwhile.

And the Bliss in red you see below? --It's all wrong.
I'm just saying -- what the heck kind of color is that? And why all the curlies in my 'B' ?
And, am I mistaken, or does that 'B' make me look fat?

Aauuugggh!
I'm just going to give it a rest.
I'll find something I like tomorrow.
'Tomorrow's a new day' --
. . . and all that other hogwash.

Or to put it another way --
too much 'cute' thinkin -
makes me feel like punkin'.

: ) (Smiley Face)

1 comment:

Shauna said...

i really like the photo on top. . .