Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Shop'ster

I went shopping today for a birthday present for my sister-in-law. She's a great gal and really easy to shop for.
I didn't find anything for her - but I did find a nice
sweater for me, a darling chihuahua mug, and shoes my husband might like for work.

Once at home and in
real light--not that 'trick' light they use in the dressing rooms of department stores--I could see the sweater was way wrong on me. I bought it on clearance for such a ridiculously low price though, I'm too ashamed to return it.
I'll just put it in the DI donations for next month. (Helping the less privileged is just something I do.)

And you know, as I really
don't drink coffee, and tea only so rarely -- I think I'll just save the chihuahua mug for a teacher gift? I can like, fill it with erasers - and put a note on it that says, 'You're The Doggone Best Teacher' (they eat that stuff up) --it'll come in handy in five months when school ends . . .

As for the shoes, my husband says he's never worn purple mock-leather loafers in his life and isn't about to start now, -so I return them.
While at the store I notice this
fantastic three legged mahogany chair. It's the last of like, some set - and just might go super in my home office. ( . . I bet hubby can fix it for a song . . . )

I buy the three legged chair, --but not before spotting a cute floral notepad for the sis-n'law. Perfect!

Once home, I prop the chair up with a sturdy paint stick (for the time being) - and notice that it actually gives the chair quite a one of a kind look. I decide I may even keep it that way --kind of vintage like, or something.
With the chair a keeper -- I see the floral notepad happens to match my new pen set, like, exactly!

( . .
I'll just run out one day this weekend and get something different for sissy-in-law.)


Interestingly, that night in bed channel surfing, I come across an infomercial for (
and I'm not usually such a sucker) some sort of contraption-mask thing that if you wear it at night for a week straight -- will make your crows feet disappear.
I pony up the'ol credit card, order it rush delivery, and roll over for some shut-eye.
( . .
some days, just exhaust me.)


The next morning, I decide I'm not keeping some dang screwy chair that doesn't even have four legs, and after a quick errand to return it, I stop at the Walmart to grab a diet coke at the indoor McDonalds, ---when the most amazing crockpot catches my eye.
It does everything but eat the meal itself!
I get it, figuring come summer I'm not gonna want to do
any oven cooking.

At home I put last years crockpot on Craigslist.
It'be sweet if I could make
just enough cash on it, to buy my sister-in-law something for her birthday.


Soon after, Hubby comes home from a bike ride with his buddy and shows me a
darling flower pot Joe's wife was about to throw out.
It's actually in pretty good condition.
Don't hate me . . . but I think if I put a little spit-shine to it, and plant some miniature roses inside -- I could re-gift to my sis-in-the-law, flawlessly!

I grab my purse and head out to a nursery to look at plants.


Sometimes I feel like I just move in one big circle. You know?
I've
always got something to do.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Your shopping trips sound strangely similar to mine! (except of course for the purple shoes. . .)

Pam said...

So fun seeing you tonight in WalMart (no doubt picking something out that you will be returning on Monday), it made me remember though that I needed to check out your blog. Love it! It is now my new favorite read, you had me and Adam busting up. Thanks for entertaining us! Your the best! So, so talented!!