Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Catalog Shop'ster

Well, since we're on the subject of shopping -- my Sundance catalog came today and ooooo' what a treasure trove!

I can't decide between the Ellis Peak Boots, 'tread lightly but with a sure step in our stylish, pull-on distressed suede boots . . .' at a mere $298.

or the

Open Road Jacket, 'easy going, swings along city streets and country highways in any season of the year,' for a neat $425.


The Pemberton Flip-Top Table ( --
resolute, steady and stable, like the very best of friendships--) would be dandy in the kitchen. $1795 (plus $350 shipping and handling).
But I'm afraid it might 'crack' from the kind of 'friendship' business a family like mine would put it through.
We're no delicate actress-types like Mr. Redford and Sundance might be used to.



What I'd
really like is for hubby to get me the 'Artisan's Organic Cuff', as a stocking stuffer. At $690 it's an 'untamed twist of natural apatite', whose 'organic composition spirals seductively around the wrist' ------
----Now I've never had anything spiral seductively around the wrist . . .

---oh, wait! Yes?
. . . No. . . . . oh, no. No. I haven't. --That was secrete.

I've had something
secrete from around my wrist, --but it was pretty nasty. (I don't want to get into it.) Nothing seductive about it.

Anyways, the Organic Cuff can be ordered Toll Free! So, you see? It's not all about the money, with Sundance.


I think the last thing I did buy from them was the Westminster Brilliant Cut Whirlwind Paperclip, --'a full sweeping twirl of erupting organically molten sterling silver.' 'indisputably fabulous.' It was only $39.95, but I guess in their eyes, good enough to keep me on the mailing list.

("Maybe she has a rich uncle?" they hope to themselves . .)


I don't mind, really. I'm sure Robert Redford would be a friend of mine if we ever met (---
on a plane to China about to go down over the ocean, and I had the last parachute--).



Truly though- there
are affordable items to choose from for the finicky buyer.
Once I ordered a darling prairie dress. I ordered my size, but somehow they mistakenly sent me something fit for an American Girl doll.
I tried to squeeze it on but I couldn't get it past my esophagus without spurting for air.
It might have been my fault, really. I measured around 'the
natural waistline, keeping the tape comfortably loose', just like they said --- but my 'natural' waistline is a little hard to find anymore. I might have mistakenly sent them the measurements to my natural big-toe, line.

It was no biggy though. They took it right back for just the $69 re-stocking fee.

(They gotta make a living too.
)



Well, if anybody cares, I've got my pile of Sundance catalogs here to look at. It's no doubt you'll find something you'd like to get too.
Just don't go crazy -- we're in a recession you know.

No comments: