Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Star Spotting

I'm so sorry ~~ I just haven't been able to sit and write a piece. Even though the stories are racing through my head, --my temporary surgery woes have mounted to the point of really keeping me in bed, pained and whiny.

One day soon ~~ I promise ~~ I will be back, and with a vengeance!

'Til then, I do have this one little tidbit for you:



As a big favor to Hubby--who has taken wonderful care of me--I told him, 'yes, we could go to see Star Trek.' I didn't know what would hurt more . . 1) watching the movie, or 2) sitting in the seat for two hours, ----But it was my best day in quite awhile . . and I was all hopped up on my pain killers, --so we went for it. For some of the movie, I did indeed end up having to stand in the hall 'cause it was too painful to sit . . . but ultimately pulled it off, and we had a good time.

Anyhoooo --
Here is the tidbit . . (and it's really awful) (are you ready??) (ah! I can't say it. I can't say it . . here goes--)


On they way out of the theater, a lady came running breathlessly up, followed us close behind, and asked, ~~

"Are you guys Trekkies?"


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Please!! Please!! What part of me or Hubby mistakes us for a Trekkie?? ~~~ And when did this happen? And how can we reverse it immediately??!!


I guess the lady had huge movie plot conflicts and Star Trek history questions ~ and it was us she had scoped out for her Star Trek conferencing. Blaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Auuggggggghhhhh!


How's that for my first day back in society!
I've been home again ever since, shaking it off, and crying it out.
Next I'll be mistaken for an Obama Mama!


Indoors I'll stay, for more slow healing.
You'll be the first to know when I'm semi-recovered ~~

And yes, that'be both physically . . . and emotionally.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I gues sometimes there's just not enough soap to wash it off...

elesa said...

No! You totally misunderstand! She paid you a huge compliment. The fact that some obviously clueless, and possibly somewhat deranged stranger thought you were Trekkies is the highest compliment you could have been paid. Congratulations!